What is roboquant
Roboquant is an open source algorithmic trading platform written in Kotlin. It is lightning fast, flexible, user-friendly and completely free to use.
It is designed for anyone serious about algo-trading. So whether you are a beginning retail trader or an established trading firm, roboquant can help you to quickly develop robust and fully automated trading strategies.
Simple to get started
A lot of effort and attention went into making sure roboquant is easy to use, especially for less experienced developers. The following code snippet shows all the ingredients required to run a back test.
val strategy = EMAStrategy() val metric = AccountMetric() val roboquant = Roboquant(strategy, metric) val feed = CSVFeed("data/US") roboquant.run(feed)
- Process millions of candles per second
- 100x faster than Zipline or backtrader
- Run back tests in parallel
- Sub millisecond trading
- Stocks, crypto, options, forex, and more
- Multi-currency & multi-region
- Advanced order types
- Highly configurable simulation engine
- Develop with Jupyter Notebooks
- Dedicated algo-trading charts
- 150+ technical indicators included
- Easy to use APIs
- All sourcecode on GitHub
- Permissive Apache 2.0 license
- Code contributions are appreciated
- Welcoming community
3rd Party Providers
Any algo-trading platform requires integration with 3rd party brokers and data providers in order to be functional. So roboquant comes out-of-the-box with several integrations included: