What is roboquant
Roboquant is an open-source algorithmic trading platform written in Kotlin. It is flexible, user-friendly and completely free to use. It is designed for anyone serious about algo-trading. So whether you are a beginning retail trader or an established trading firm, roboquant can help you to quickly develop robust and fully automated trading strategies.
But perhaps most important of all, it is blazingly fast. Roboquant is orders of magnitude faster than most other algo-trading platforms.
With historic data sets becoming more widely available and growing in size, it is important that a strategy can still be quickly developed, back-tested and optimized. If this cycle takes too long, it is nearly impossible to create high performing and robust strategies.
Simple to get started
- Process millions of candles per second
- 500x faster than Zipline or backtrader
- Run back tests in parallel
- Sub millisecond trading
- Stocks, crypto, options, forex, and more
- Multi-currency & multi-region
- Advanced order types
- Highly configurable simulation engine
- Develop with Jupyter Notebooks
- Dedicated algo-trading charts
- 150+ technical indicators included
- Easy to use APIs
- All source code on GitHub
- Permissive Apache 2.0 license
- Code contributions are appreciated
- Welcoming community